The Republic of Estado de Tropico is a huge, cultured nation, renowned for its keen interest in outer space, compulsory military service, and stringent health and safety legislation. The devout population of 939 million Tropicanos have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Healthcare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of San Jorge. The average income tax rate is 27.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Tropicano economy, worth 84.6 trillion Pesos a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Tourism, and Trout Farming. Average income is 90,106 Pesos, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Estado de Tropico has designated San Jorge as its capital city, tabloids publicly shun nurses for not calling home on the weekends, adults have never outgrown their fear of monsters, and heavy industry must go to expensive lengths to dispose of waste. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Estado de Tropico's national animal is the Llama.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Estado de Tropico's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Estado de Tropico's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Estado de Tropico's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Estado de Tropico was refounded in Balder.
- : Estado de Tropico ceased to exist in The East Pacific.
- : Estado de Tropico was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
- : Estado de Tropico resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Estado de Tropico voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Access to Life-Ending Services".
- : Estado de Tropico voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Karputsk".
- : Estado de Tropico voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Assisted Suicide Act"".