|Capital||Morticia Morgana -MoMo-|
The Dominion of Eskaton is a huge, genial nation, notable for its ban on automobiles, irreverence towards religion, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, cynical population of 657 million Eskatonians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The medium-sized, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Morticia Morgana -MoMo-. The average income tax rate is 61.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Eskatonian economy, worth 64.8 trillion Tala a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 98,700 Tala, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Anyone who so much as frowns risks being referred to a mental health unit, conscripts often volunteer for a second tour of duty so they can get a ticket to next year's Army Revue, fair-weather fans talk during plays while die-hard theatre enthusiasts stay at home, and fifteen-year-olds cannot walk younger siblings to school without a professional Childcare and Education Certificate. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Eskaton's national animal is the Flying Donkey, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Eskaton, fifteen-year-olds cannot walk younger siblings to school without a professional Childcare and Education Certificate.
- : Following new legislation in Eskaton, fair-weather fans talk during plays while die-hard theatre enthusiasts stay at home.
- : Eskaton endorsed The ʇɐǝɹפ qoq of Bobki.
- : Following new legislation in Eskaton, conscripts often volunteer for a second tour of duty so they can get a ticket to next year's Army Revue.
- : Following new legislation in Eskaton, anyone who so much as frowns risks being referred to a mental health unit.
- : Following new legislation in Eskaton, collisions between bicycles and carnival floats are on the rise.
- : Eskaton was endorsed by The ʇɐǝɹפ qoq of Bobki.
- : Eskaton was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Eskaton voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Frieden-und Freudenland".
- : Eskaton voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Freedom to Seek Medical Care II"".
Endorsements Received: 82 » Bran Astor, The Antarctic Empires, Recuecn, DiscGolfLand, Bhang Bhang Duc, Salt Lake Mountain, Psikuta, Toropikaru, Papercuts and Skittles, Fujai, Sensorland, Xupqeu, Arracrania, Arnic, Leukogeras, Scationtanland, Pandaland II, Fuentana, Twisted Duality, Euarsia, Barcocoland, Cryland, Wickedly evil people, Win Mints, Liberillia, Common Good, New Democratic Republic of Russia, Oronia, Westwind, Fallen Iron Duke, Prokop, Condonohia, Zoran, Eienn, United Auroran Republic, Plankstein, Pandaland III, The Rega, IndyCar Racing, Tropical Isles, Twin Tiers Metropolis, Mediobogdum, Hiems, Surroosia, The North American Assembly, Nieubasria, Comia Noracon, Chitra, The Unified Missourtama States, The Father-Land, and 32 others.Cumidava, Inner Paniumati, El Facil, San Mazer, Anuubis, Saransh, The United Republic of Westend, Kittenlicious, Fumafuma, Parinan, Quevilis, Neon Sweden, Wyndward, Numpties, Gastenburg, Marshalia, Amanohara, Acropylae, Carvell, Volkason, Valocke, Krajakhstan, Cro Magnon, Emark, Grand Republic of the Sun, Giovanniland, Gracelantia, Samueliebox, Dilber, Hamburg Neo, Fhaengshia, and Bobki.