|Leader||Chancellor Georgia Gallou|
The Provisional Republic of Eskaeba is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Chancellor Georgia Gallou with an even hand, and renowned for its compulsory military service, digital currency, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 6.313 billion Eskaebans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Palimpela. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 70.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Eskaeban economy, worth a remarkable 1,006 trillion Aurums a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 159,449 Aurums, with the richest citizens earning 6.1 times as much as the poorest.
A handful of megacorporations own every "craft brewery" in the nation, childish pranks are no laughing matter, Red Cross demand for body bags is rising while sutures go unused, and you can't put down the nation's attitude to pet health. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Eskaeba's national animal is the Lion, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Orthodox Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Eskaeba's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Eskaeba's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Eskaeba's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Eskaeba was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Public Education and Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : Eskaeba's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Eskaeba was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement and Most Corrupt Governments.
- : Eskaeba was refounded in Balder.
- : Eskaeba ceased to exist in Selene.
- : Eskaeba's influence in Selene rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Eskaeba's influence in Selene rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".