|Leader||PM - Christy Adelaide|
The United States of Escalver is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by PM - Christy Adelaide with an even hand, and notable for its keen interest in outer space, national health service, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.046 billion Escalian have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Marsden. The average income tax rate is 68.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Escalverian economy, worth 89.3 trillion pounds a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Information Technology, and Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 85,377 pounds, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Military funding has been stripped back, anti-government web sites are springing up, the education system is being cleansed of all corporate influence, and there is something rotten in the state of Escalver. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Escalver's national animal is the Red Panda, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Agnosticism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Escalver, there is something rotten in the state of Escalver.
- : Following new legislation in Escalver, the education system is being cleansed of all corporate influence.
- : Following new legislation in Escalver, anti-government web sites are springing up.
- : Following new legislation in Escalver, military funding has been stripped back.
- : Following new legislation in Escalver, space research funding has hit a recent high while several military bases are being closed down.
- : Escalver voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Kelssek".
- : Escalver voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Long-Term Storage Of Produced Waste".
- : Escalver changed its national animal to "Red Panda".
- : Following new legislation in Escalver, nighttime sightings of raccoons sporting Circle-A patches and bandanna masks are on the rise.
- : Following new legislation in Escalver, private businesses are paving paradises to put up parking lots.
Endorsements Received: 79 » Elisabethshagen, Ausvelt, Grodisze, The Seven Provinces, Invernessia, Shaor, Jahass, Walfo, Irminsulia, Leranditale, Yahlia, Mons Graupius, Thracia Republic, Saint Domingo, Northern German Federation, The Champions League, North of Americas, Republic of Satherland, Someseni, Abject Ludicrosity, Destyntine, GanymedEuropa, Dark Matter, Jim the Baptist, The New Nordic Union, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Maraleeri, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, St Scarlett, Regnum Italiae, South St Maarten, An Clar, Socialist Balkans, Imperium Anglorum, Yoannes, Wombelland, Galway-Dublin, Outer Sparta, Prussian-Union, Sloburg, Evergreen Keys, Azitupia, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Stumphosse Res, New Touraine, Armbruster, NorthPortugal, Meropis, Rivierenland, Estoniia, and 29 others.Crestphalia, Francitanie, Exori Vis, Owlograd, Mallesia, The New Mexican Confederation, Ashckar, Kanokla, Kardjali, Slavonia and Srijem, Wessex and Cornwall, Trixeland, Apabeossie, Estellan, The States of Texas and Arkansas, Kyrica, Uzbek Khan, Saiwania, Eski, Nardin, Valtrona, Eco-Paris Reformation, Mynox, Bareu, Christian Terra, Enway, Continental Social Democrats, Othenhiem, and Stromia.