The Sparkly of Escade is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Sofia Escade with a fair hand, and remarkable for its rampant corporate plagiarism, daily referendums, and otherworldly petting zoo. The compassionate, democratic population of 8.483 billion Escadians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Empyreal City. The average income tax rate is 96.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Escadean economy, worth a remarkable 1,029 trillion Nectars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry. Average income is an impressive 121,360 Nectars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion, drug deals return to the streets as legions of undercover officers stalk the dark web, foreigners with shady pasts are fleeing the country, and there have been reports of people marrying housepets. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Escade's national animal is the Hummingbird, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Escade lodged a message on the The South Pacific Regional Message Board.
- : Escade resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Escade was endorsed by The United Republic of Goverwal.
- : Escade was endorsed by The Eternal Misfortune of Pencil Sharpeners 2.
- : Escade was endorsed by The Nomadic Peoples of PlanetBob.
- : Escade was endorsed by The One-Winged Etymology Shark of Erinor.
- : Escade was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Escade applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Escade ejected and banned The Protectorate of Liliarchy ancillary 176 from COPYCAT.
- : Escade ejected and banned The Republic of Codename37 from COPYCAT.