|Leader||The King of Thebes|
|Faith||The Cult of Apollo|
The Commonwealth of Erythrean Thebes is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by The King of Thebes with a fair hand, and renowned for its rum-swilling pirates, museums and concert halls, and aversion to nipples. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 7.52 billion Thebans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The relatively small, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Thebes. The average income tax rate is 28.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Erythrean Thebesian economy, worth a remarkable 1,168 trillion drachmas a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Retail. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is an impressive 155,334 drachmas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.0 times as much as the poorest.
Armed war-criminals gain asylum if deemed 'fabulous' enough, The King of Thebes is considering changing the nation's name to Blackacre, no one knows how to tie a reef knot, and politicians have tenure. Crime is totally unknown. Erythrean Thebes's national animal is the Theban lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is The Cult of Apollo.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Erythrean Thebes was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cultured and the Top 10% for Most Armed.
- : Erythrean Thebes was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Incomes and Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- : Erythrean Thebes was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Erythrean Thebes was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments and Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : Erythrean Thebes was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Wealthy Incomes.
- : Erythrean Thebes was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens and Most Corrupt Governments.
- : Erythrean Thebes was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector and the Top 10% for Most Developed.
- : Erythrean Thebes lodged a message on the Valthropia Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Erythrean Thebes, politicians have tenure.
- : Erythrean Thebes was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "New York Times Democracy".