The Armed Republic of Erythrean is a massive, orderly nation, remarkable for its ubiquitous missile silos, pith helmet sales, and stringent health and safety legislation. The cynical population of 2.211 billion Erythreanians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The large, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of AZMARA. The average income tax rate is 70.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Erythreanian economy, worth 205 trillion Shens a year, is fairly diversified and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Trout Farming, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 92,894 Shens, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
A weakened police force struggles to maintain law and order, corporate lobbying has been outlawed, commuters are denied boarding for attempting to bring packed lunches onto trains, and kids are taught in schools to argue with their parents. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Erythrean's national animal is the Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Erythrean, kids are taught in schools to argue with their parents.
- : Following new legislation in Erythrean, commuters are denied boarding for attempting to bring packed lunches onto trains.
- : Erythrean was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Defense Forces.
- : Following new legislation in Erythrean, corporate lobbying has been outlawed.
- : Erythrean was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Corrupt Governments.
- : Erythrean endorsed The Imperial Republic of Ashoy.
- : Erythrean endorsed The Republic of Tolfaer.
- : Erythrean voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Ever-Wandering Souls".
- : Erythrean voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Sovereign Justice Accord".
- : Following new legislation in Erythrean, a weakened police force struggles to maintain law and order.
Endorsements Received: 14 » Treadwellia, Aguaria Major, Custadia, The Sigometh Dynasty, Capercom, Loftegen 3, New Rogernomics, Killer Kitty, Lazarene Ryccia, Caybow, Debussy, The United Syrian States, Ashoy, and Tolfaer.