The People of Eryat is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by James Logyn with a fair hand, and renowned for its smutty television, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 8.87 billion Eryants are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Peroch. The average income tax rate is 97.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Eryant economy, worth a remarkable 1,242 trillion munnies a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Tourism. Average income is an impressive 140,123 munnies, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation locks people up and tells them they're mad for compassion's sake, schoolboys who turn to watch pretty girls go by are given detention, sleep-deprived officials are known to collapse after late night revision for their examinations, and it is illegal for a parent to tell a child to stop eating their boogers. Crime is totally unknown. Eryat's national animal is the leaf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Eryat voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Regulating Desalination".
- : Eryat was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Following new legislation in Eryat, it is illegal for a parent to tell a child to stop eating their boogers.
- : Eryat was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Cheerful Citizens.
- : Eryat voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Requiring Promulgation of National Laws".
- : Eryat was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Following new legislation in Eryat, sleep-deprived officials are known to collapse after late night revision for their examinations.
- : Eryat was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Nicest Citizens.
- : Eryat was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Eryat was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
Endorsements Received: None.