The Federation of Erithian is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by The Council with an iron fist, and notable for its keen interest in outer space, pith helmet sales, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 5.817 billion Erithians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Avalon. The average income tax rate is 97.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Erithianian economy, worth a remarkable 1,350 trillion Beakers a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing and Tourism. Average income is an amazing 232,144 Beakers, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
It's all quiet on the western front, the "temporary replacement bus service" is now a permanent fixture, surveillance cameras are banned, and the government is cracking down on subversive groups. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Erithian's national animal is the lab rat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Science.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Erithian, the government is cracking down on subversive groups.
- : Following new legislation in Erithian, surveillance cameras are banned.
- : Following new legislation in Erithian, the "temporary replacement bus service" is now a permanent fixture.
- : Following new legislation in Erithian, it's all quiet on the western front.
- : Following new legislation in Erithian, photographers can be found hiding behind the curtains in The Council's bedroom.
- : Following new legislation in Erithian, billions are being spent on a new island airport.
- : Following new legislation in Erithian, the "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The Avalon Times is sold out.
- : Erithian voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Provisional Rule in Wartime".
- : Following new legislation in Erithian, the nation's only university is the School of Hard Knocks.
- : Following new legislation in Erithian, when people ask what the difference is between politicians and lawyers they are referred to document c15(iv) section 14.1 subsection 3.2 of the Jan 2015 political category definition guidance codes.
Endorsements Received: 44 » Socialist Platypus, The Third British Empire, Rex Omnia, Reslas, Supero Omnia, Charville, Lislandia, SHONKY BOI, Liberto-Ancapistan, Aequipondium, Free Azell, Gatorstan, Aelandi, Pervincia, NewEndland, Lokira, El Blurkistan, Gaming Hamsters, Stustu, Tirnot, Minsero, Cronaphe, Naraval, Dyrland, Suvmia, Nueva Rico, Puffin Islands, Ciapore, Cyzixraqab, Duby, Whythis, Cle Brait, Mudreuque, New Hixraz, EclipseTunnel, Balan Bar, Loveable Dogs, ZONKISTAN, Space Nudists, DBastion, Atila, Lucasistanania, Primis Tenebris, and Vivenxistan.