The Constitutional Monarchy of Ericka is a tiny, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service, compulsory vegetarianism, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-working, democratic, devout population of 18 million Erickans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The tiny government prioritizes Spirituality, with Welfare, Education, and Law & Order also on the agenda, while Environment and Social Policy are ignored. The average income tax rate is 7.6%.
The Erickan economy, worth 928 billion Eris a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is fairly diversified and led by the Basket Weaving industry, with significant contributions from Pizza Delivery, Book Publishing, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is 51,595 Eris, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.8 times as much as the poorest.
Crocodile roadkill is smeared across the asphalt of the new Formula One track, school teachers check the staff room for hidden webcams before complaining about rebellious students, old folks reminisce about the last time someone was acquitted of a crime, and the nation's universities are often mistaken for foreign embassies. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Ericka's national animal is the Death Fox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Ericka, the nation's universities are often mistaken for foreign embassies.
- : Ericka's influence in The Erickan Coolies fell from "Dominator" to "Superpower".
- : Following new legislation in Ericka, old folks reminisce about the last time someone was acquitted of a crime.
- : Ericka granted posting privileges on the The Erickan Coolies Regional Message Board to nations in embassy regions.
- : Ericka added the tag "Anti-Communist" to The Erickan Coolies.
- : Ericka removed regional password protection from The Erickan Coolies.
- : Following new legislation in Ericka, school teachers check the staff room for hidden webcams before complaining about rebellious students.
- : Ericka changed the regional banner of The Erickan Coolies.
- : Following new legislation in Ericka, crocodile roadkill is smeared across the asphalt of the new Formula One track.
- : Ericka published "States" (Factbook: Geography).
Endorsements Received: None.