The Constitutional Monarchy of Equestrian Commonwealth is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Princess Twilight with a fair hand, and remarkable for its pith helmet sales, public floggings, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 8.02 billion Equines enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Canterlot. The average income tax rate is 77.8%.
The all-consuming Equestrian economy, worth 840 trillion Bits a year, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Trout Farming. Average income is an impressive 104,796 Bits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.2 times as much as the poorest.
The military recognizes no difference between male and female soldiers, the examiners who examine examiners are being examined by examiners, only clowns with PhDs from clown college can advise Princess Twilight on Equestrian Commonwealth's coulrophobia epidemic, and it is believed that belligerence is a passing phase foreign leaders will soon outgrow. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Equestrian Commonwealth's national animal is the Fox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Equestrian Commonwealth was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Developed.
- : Equestrian Commonwealth's influence in The North Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Equestrian Commonwealth altered its national flag.
- : Equestrian Commonwealth relocated from Balder to The North Pacific.
- : Equestrian Commonwealth was refounded in Balder.
- : Equestrian Commonwealth ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : Equestrian Commonwealth was endorsed by The Dystopian nation of New Jamgra.
- : Equestrian Commonwealth was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Innocentic.
- : Equestrian Commonwealth was endorsed by The Lucky Question Mark﹖ of Makdon.
- : Equestrian Commonwealth was endorsed by The Nomadic Peoples of Borsukia.