The Federal Kingdom of Equanto is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by David Stanton with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, daily referendums, and public floggings. The hard-working, democratic population of 2.308 billion Equanians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Newston City. The average income tax rate is 25.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Equanian economy, worth 173 trillion Silversons a year, is led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Basket Weaving, Trout Farming, and Information Technology. Average income is 75,045 Silversons, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.0 times as much as the poorest.
Gambling is outlawed, confessions don't count if suffixed with "izzle", school teachers check the staff room for hidden webcams before complaining about rebellious students, and female newsreaders distract the nation by breastfeeding during broadcast. Crime is almost non-existent. Equanto's national animal is the Mighty Turtle, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Christian.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Equanto's influence in The North Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Equanto was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- : Following new legislation in Equanto, female newsreaders distract the nation by breastfeeding during broadcast.
- : Equanto altered its national flag.
- : Equanto relocated from Balder to The North Pacific.
- : Equanto was refounded in Balder.
- : Equanto ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : Equanto was endorsed by The Republic of Asuroka.
- : Equanto was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Nanatovna.
- : Equanto was endorsed by The Kute Koalas of Sanjurika.