|Animal||Equaian Fruit Bat|
The People's Democratic Republic of Equai is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Bella Santorini with a fair hand, and notable for its digital currency, rampant corporate plagiarism, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 3.297 billion Equaians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Calomarde. The average income tax rate is 92.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Equaian economy, worth 442 trillion Crystals a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 134,070 Crystals, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Doctors prescribe medicines but they rarely dispense hope or compassion, the nation turns a blind eye to human rights abuses in its quest for athletic supremacy, drug deals return to the streets as legions of undercover officers stalk the dark web, and armed war-criminals gain asylum if deemed 'fabulous' enough. Crime is totally unknown. Equai's national animal is the Equaian Fruit Bat, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Equai, armed war-criminals gain asylum if deemed 'fabulous' enough.
- : Following new legislation in Equai, drug deals return to the streets as legions of undercover officers stalk the dark web.
- : Following new legislation in Equai, the nation turns a blind eye to human rights abuses in its quest for athletic supremacy.
- : Following new legislation in Equai, doctors prescribe medicines but they rarely dispense hope or compassion.
- : Following new legislation in Equai, funeral directors are frequently looking at their watches during funerals.
- : Equai's influence in The Communist Bloc rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : Equai changed its national nation type to "People's Democratic Republic".
- : Equai altered its national flag.
- : Equai relocated from Osiris to The Communist Bloc.
- : Equai was refounded in Osiris.