|Leader||Ismail Enes Kamburoglu|
The United Nations of Eppur is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Ismail Enes Kamburoglu with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, compulsory military service, and smutty television. The hard-working, democratic population of 2.052 billion Eppurians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The relatively small, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Istanbul. The average income tax rate is 24.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Eppurian economy, worth 326 trillion Lire a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Retail, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 159,112 Lire, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.8 times as much as the poorest.
Citizens have reported seeing strange rays of light emanating from the moon, you need two tenors and a coloratura contralto to sing the national anthem properly, posing for pictures is an integral part of military training, and the nation's infamous boot camp is more brutal than most battlefields. Crime is totally unknown. Eppur's national animal is the Dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Eppur, the nation's infamous boot camp is more brutal than most battlefields.
- : Following new legislation in Eppur, posing for pictures is an integral part of military training.
- : Following new legislation in Eppur, you need two tenors and a coloratura contralto to sing the national anthem properly.
- : Following new legislation in Eppur, citizens have reported seeing strange rays of light emanating from the moon.
- : Following new legislation in Eppur, the rich tend their gardens inside gated urban farming communities.
- : Following new legislation in Eppur, court verdicts are predictable to within a hundredth of a percentage point.
- : Eppur voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom Of Association".
- : Eppur was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Eppur, Ismail Enes Kamburoglu's used car is held together by bumper stickers that support the opposition.
- : Following new legislation in Eppur, large-girthed charity workers assign themselves healthy wages for their work with starving children.
Endorsements Received: 78 » The Soylent Green Party, Wysrod, The Republic of Osea, Arctic Coalition, Northern Nivaria, Evertopia, Valentian Elysium, Dustwind, Generic Country Name That Is Available, Liberdon, Anisopterra, Namakan, Kachikawawa, Waitiki, Brandenbourg-Anhalt, Point Comfort Colony, Ignis Cinere, Greenmont Federation, Isentran, Zeganas, Swag Chief Bubba Estate, Drewish, Makykay, Asakraka, Kyrizstanislav, Solsevara, Republic of Libriano, Danyl, Vivolkha, Vill Send, Maalemzya, Anollasia, Govem, United States of Island land, Pianaville, Ilfarasia, Clialaad, Megistos, Maconshinbernititte, Slaytania, Ardelenia, Ascended Union, Pallas Athenaie, Katitania, Kaltovar, Onfande, S Mova Derat, The Galactic American Imperium, Marxist Germany, Arnesia, and 28 others.Silvedania, Carthegia, Selu-Ahare, Lisokyo, Krystalveil, Violent Trees, New Kowloon Bay, Greater Puptioneberadon, The Assembly of Awesomeness, The Fortem, Ner Epiand, Tausend Seen, Samonaemia, Tierra de Platanos, Wischland, The Indian Royalty, Killettland, Union of Socialist Irish Republics, Cakasia, Mauryana, Locano, Capea, Yakkandiania, Saint Islaw Wra, Yellowjacket, Alemputo, Dorab, and Kingdom of New Berlin.