The Holy Kingdom of Envi is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Eniq with an even hand, and remarkable for its prohibition of alcohol, keen interest in outer space, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, devout population of 15.164 billion Envians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, corrupt, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Envi City. The average income tax rate is 96.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Envian economy, worth a remarkable 1,740 trillion Enivrons a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism. Average income is an impressive 114,776 Enivrons, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation has nearly as many history museums as Envians, a bureaucratic fight over EIA cafeteria food expenditures has caused the temporary suspension of all agency counterintelligence operations, supervisors in Envi commonly tie bells on their necks to alert employees of their presence, and every day has been a surprise since weather reporters turned to consulting ancient totems for their seven-day forecasts. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Envi's national animal is the Trout, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Nature.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Envi was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Corrupt Governments.
- : Envi was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement.
- : Envi was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans and Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Envi's influence in Silent rose from "Nipper" to "Duckspeaker".
- : Envi relocated from Osiris to Silent.
- : Envi was refounded in Osiris.
- : Envi ceased to exist in Silent.
- : Envi's influence in Silent rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Envi's influence in Silent fell from "Powerbroker" to "Enforcer".
- : The Christmas Golden Republic of Qpwo appointed Envi as Non-WA Delegate with authority over Appearance, Border Control, Communications, Embassies, and Polls in Silent.