The Democratic Republic of Enou is a huge, efficient nation, remarkable for its daily referendums, soft-spoken computers, and frequent executions. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 683 million Enouans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rosrce. The average income tax rate is 54.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Enouan economy, worth 69.4 trillion books a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Automobile Manufacturing, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an impressive 101,548 books, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Citizens are exhausted from weekly general elections, babies living in poverty are told to take responsibility for their own fortunes, crowded passenger trains are near-silent save for the soft tap of fingers on touchscreens, and serial commas clarify the relationship between one's lackeys, the taxpayers, and kinsfolk. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Enou's national animal is the emu, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Enou was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Enou, serial commas clarify the relationship between one's lackeys, the taxpayers, and kinsfolk.
- : Following new legislation in Enou, crowded passenger trains are near-silent save for the soft tap of fingers on touchscreens.
- : Following new legislation in Enou, babies living in poverty are told to take responsibility for their own fortunes.
- : Following new legislation in Enou, citizens are exhausted from weekly general elections.
- : Following new legislation in Enou, the government maintains a Department of Skulduggery.
- : Enou voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Personal Privacy".
- : Enou voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Auralia".
- : Enou was endorsed by The Kongelige Forbund of Roliganistan.
- : Enou was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
Endorsements Received: 41 » Fedele, Todd McCloud, VW53Aland, Rhealaliit, BearStackof2015, H-Zhena, Davelands, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Axdel, Hizuru, Wiranath, Ravendi, Roissyland, ThE aNgEl Of ChArItY, Janoobi Jazair, Am Echad, Pakitsk, Free sovereign Soviet socialist republic, The Holy Utopian Republic, Kilkire, Astroa, Tim Stark, Someseni, Brotherland, Bachtendekuppen, Aleister, Funkadelia, Greater Felter, The United Neo American Union, Aelitia, Kangarawa, Plazland, Cyant, Libertanny, Dragons Blood, United China Nation, Bullpups, Marrico, Escade, The Holy Empire of Moronica, and Roliganistan.