|Faith||The Holy Seven|
The Ancestral Homelands of Emyn Arnen is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Húrin with an even hand, and remarkable for its complete lack of prisons, restrictive gun laws, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 1.567 billion Emyn Arnenians are free to succeed or fail in life on their own merits; the successful tend to enjoy an opulent (but moralistic) lifestyle, while the failures can be seen crowding out most jails.
The minute, corrupt, moralistic government, or what there is of one, is primarily concerned with Industry, with Healthcare and Public Transport also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Administration are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Minardil. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 5.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Emyn Arnenian economy, worth 121 trillion castars a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Door-to-door Insurance Sales industry, with major contributions from Retail, Gambling, and Uranium Mining. Average income is 77,322 castars, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 495,485 per year while the poor average 4,924, a ratio of 100 to 1.
Maxtopian slaves are routinely sold as an optional extra for household appliances, the backs of 'No Trespassing' signs were made for you and me, X-Files ratings have hit an all-time low, and the government's official stance on religion is that it is so very silly. Crime is pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Emyn Arnen's national animal is the Cat, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is The Holy Seven.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Emyn Arnen resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Emyn Arnen was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Retail Industry and Highest Unexpected Death Rate and the Top 10% for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- : Emyn Arnen lodged a message on the Middle Earth Regional Message Board.
- : Emyn Arnen endorsed The LOTR Nation of Tatarica.
- : Emyn Arnen was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Emyn Arnen applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Emyn Arnen changed its national faith to "The Holy Seven".
- : Following new legislation in Emyn Arnen, the government's official stance on religion is that it is so very silly.
- : Following new legislation in Emyn Arnen, X-Files ratings have hit an all-time low.
- : Following new legislation in Emyn Arnen, the backs of 'No Trespassing' signs were made for you and me.