|Animal||West Red Fox|
The United Kingdom of Empire of the Western Woods is a huge, efficient nation, remarkable for its state-planned economy, free-roaming dinosaurs, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 349 million Western Woodsmens have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Charleston. The average income tax rate is 24.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Empire of the Western Woodsian economy, worth 36.8 trillion Royales a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an impressive 105,303 Royales, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
Cogitators and mass debaters are skiving off work to hang around the National Symposium Park, the government regularly reassures citizens that there are no monsters under their beds, turning eighteen is often referred to as the 'Age of Aquarius', and children are often punished for the sins of the fathers. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Empire of the Western Woods's national animal is the West Red Fox, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Empire of the Western Woods was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Empire of the Western Woods, children are often punished for the sins of the fathers.
- : Empire of the Western Woods endorsed The Oppressed Peoples of Doomen.
- : Following new legislation in Empire of the Western Woods, turning eighteen is often referred to as the 'Age of Aquarius'.
- : Following new legislation in Empire of the Western Woods, the government regularly reassures citizens that there are no monsters under their beds.
- : Empire of the Western Woods was endorsed by The Oppressed Peoples of Doomen.
- : Empire of the Western Woods was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Empire of the Western Woods, cogitators and mass debaters are skiving off work to hang around the National Symposium Park.
- : Empire of the Western Woods endorsed The Most Serene Republic of Gymnostan.
- : Empire of the Western Woods endorsed The Republic of FreeFishers.
Endorsements Received: 100 » Democratic Parndia, Saciu, Erinor, Kroumos, Black Brett, Volaworand, Quiescent, Xandev, Aidenfieeld, Virgindale, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Concrete Slab, Barabarom, Beepee, Auphelia, Anachronolandia, Hanguk-Nippon, Midand, Luddinlande, Aumeltopia, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Otaku Trash, Illinoisan, The Solar System Scope, The Two Jerseys, Akindom, The naked people, Stoniamera, Fuso and Chunggu, Angevin Britannia, The Filippinas, Jaxon, Maletora, Nankyoku Tairiku, The Enlightened States of Centerism, Antarctic Empires, Ariankido, Pastir, European Defense Organization, Escevola, WTP All the good names are taken, New Briantown, Yellunstryer, Seliyan progressive Islands, Wehraboos, Sedunn, Jahass, Bear Connors Paradiso, Centristvill, USNE2018, and 50 others.Kiasu-ism, Theorin, Linguiniland, Ostanasia, Choodox, Cypheri, Academy of Umbrellas, Lambdaland, Viertes deutsches Koalitionsreich, United Weshickstine, Keidran Union, Lumpov Hasch, Native Inhabitants of Antarctica, Aguatania, Republic Clovakh, Daimonia, Freedwanda, Aneas, Japanese Federal Republic, Aywhyou, Tsvetania, Jamtland-Trondelag, Esfalsa, United States of Vietnam, Farengeto, Jehenna, Imperial Snasdep, Maxolonia, LaPia, Dasko, Pays de Loire, Hammersteinia, Drugged Monkeys, TheTrees, Dalklo Bayer, Lost Nation of Joy, Atomic Garden, Nowa Europa, North Kanuckistan, Agalaesia, New Juan Carlos Land, Eripolis, Churumduul, B-7, Grouu, Tsunamy, Chocholand, Federated Kingdoms of Brittania, Slenrotros, and Doomen.