The Republic of Empire of Gora is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Great Garzo with an even hand, and remarkable for its smutty television, free-roaming dinosaurs, and prohibition of alcohol. The compassionate, devout population of 5.14 billion Empire of Gorans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Goventry. The average income tax rate is 90.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Goran economy, worth 596 trillion Golaps a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 116,086 Golaps, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Government officials have to mortgage their homes to make ends meet, bread-gangs raid restaurant waste bins to stockpile uneaten rolls, superfoods are often seen as supervillains, and the government is promoting multicultural values with the new 'Just Be Nice, OK?' initiative. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Empire of Gora's national animal is the Goran Angelfish, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Empire of Gora relocated from Lands End to The Hole To Hide In.
- : Empire of Gora relocated from The Hole To Hide In to Lands End.
- : Empire of Gora endorsed The Democratic Republic of Srednjaci.
- : Empire of Gora endorsed The United Community of The Atomic Schism.
- : Empire of Gora endorsed The 9th Republic of Rumanian States.
- : Empire of Gora was endorsed by The 9th Republic of Rumanian States.
- : Empire of Gora's influence in The Hole To Hide In rose from "Zero" to "Squire".
- : Empire of Gora endorsed The Royal Dominion of Candensia.
- : Empire of Gora endorsed The Rising Queendom of Basaran.
- : Empire of Gora endorsed The United Vigilance Committees of Zoberten.