The Empire of Empalla is a huge, orderly nation, remarkable for its state-planned economy, sprawling nuclear power plants, and hatred of cheese. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 510 million Empallae are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The enormous, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Huisquirda. The average income tax rate is 81.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Empallan economy, worth 59.6 trillion Carredetas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, quite specialized black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Uranium Mining. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 116,796 Carredetas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
The doctor has cold hands, worried-looking neonatal nurses are being deployed in place of SWAT teams during dangerous drug busts, Tom and Jerry cartoons have cat and mouse resolving their problems with reasoned discussion, and cotton candy made from genuine cotton cellulose doesn't quite satisfy. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Empalla's national animal is the Homeless Man, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Empalla was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Following new legislation in Empalla, cotton candy made from genuine cotton cellulose doesn't quite satisfy.
- : Following new legislation in Empalla, Tom and Jerry cartoons have cat and mouse resolving their problems with reasoned discussion.
- : Following new legislation in Empalla, worried-looking neonatal nurses are being deployed in place of SWAT teams during dangerous drug busts.
- : Following new legislation in Empalla, the doctor has cold hands.
- : Empalla was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Conservative and the Top 10% for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : Following new legislation in Empalla, Leader signs the laws but abides by none of them.
- : Following new legislation in Empalla, students are wary of colorfully decorated new teachers with names like Professor Pipsqueak.
- : Following new legislation in Empalla, noble feuds don't end until one side gets their point across.
- : Following new legislation in Empalla, those who investigate UFOs tend to wake up delirious on abandoned roads.
Endorsements Received: 40 » VW53Aland, A Slanted Black Stripe, Fedele, H-Zhena, The Angel of Charity, Hizuru, Izonno, Bachtendekuppen, Axdel, Tim Stark, Todd McCloud, Brotherland, Pakitsk, Davelands, Aelitia, Wiranath, Rhealaliit, Janoobi Jazair, Someseni, Kangarawa, BearStackof2015, Enlil, Marrico, Am Echad, Ravendi, TheRuthenians, Yutogolan, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, The Holy Utopian Republic, Free sovereign Soviet socialist republic, Kilkire, Chubaka, Astroa, Roissyland, Kingdom of Pars, Aleister, Opossum Slayer, Funkadelia, Greater Felter, and The United Neo American Union.