The Most Strange Republic of Emily Strange is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its absence of drug laws and spontaneously combusting cars. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 12.643 billion Strangers live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The medium-sized, liberal, pro-business, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Social Policy. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 23.9%.
The strong Emily Strange economy, worth 549 trillion Pounds a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Pizza Delivery, Book Publishing, and Trout Farming. Black market activity is notable. Average income is 43,469 Pounds, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 421,469 per year while the poor average 216, a ratio of 1,948 to 1.
Crime is a serious problem. Emily Strange's national animal is the Badger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Emily Strange was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Drug Use.
- : Emily Strange was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Dead and Most Zombified.
- : Emily Strange was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Survivors and Most Zombies.
- : Emily Strange's influence in The NationStates Community rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Emily Strange was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Emily Strange's influence in The NationStates Community fell from "Eminence Grise" to "Enforcer".
- : Emily Strange's influence in The NationStates Community rose from "Sprat" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Emily Strange altered its national flag.
- : Emily Strange changed its national demonym to "Stranger".
- : Emily Strange relocated from Lazarus to The NationStates Community.