|Leader||Premier Carwyn Davies|
The Industrial Unionist Republic of Emazia is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Premier Carwyn Davies with a fair hand, and notable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, otherworldly petting zoo, and state-planned economy. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 1.62 billion Emazians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Caerdydd. The average income tax rate is 53.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Emazian economy, worth 143 trillion Emazian Pounds a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Retail, Information Technology, Cheese Exports, and Uranium Mining. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 88,873 Emazian Pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Retirement homes are often fitted with luxurious suites, pretending to be prejudiced is a good way to get out of jury duty, citizens select which government department gets their income tax Emazian Pounds each year, and dog owners proudly declare that their pups can predict when the mailman will arrive. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Emazia's national animal is the iron-cast eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Emazia, dog owners proudly declare that their pups can predict when the mailman will arrive.
- : Emazia lodged a message on the Thaecia Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Emazia, citizens select which government department gets their income tax Emazian Pounds each year.
- : Following new legislation in Emazia, pretending to be prejudiced is a good way to get out of jury duty.
- : Following new legislation in Emazia, retirement homes are often fitted with luxurious suites.
- : Following new legislation in Emazia, employers are finding it hard to screen candidates now that everyone gets A grades in their exams.
- : Emazia lodged a message on the The Thaecian Senate Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Emazia, student exchange programs are in trouble as everyone wants to leave but no-one wants to come.
- : Following new legislation in Emazia, government ministers sport new billboards that read 'Will Trade Votes for Private Members' Bill Support'.
- : Emazia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Inclusive and Most Advanced Public Transport.
Endorsements Received: 49 » Korsinia, The Marconian State, Marvinville, World Trade, Peabodia, German Moravia, Indian Genius, Orleanth, Zon island, PRIMO ORDER, The Greater Ohio Valley, CN888, Actias, Besancia, Bahnhof, Surrexerunt Lilia, Ermica, ASEAN Nations, Hartenia, Rayekka, Giant Redwoods, Taralania, KyrieEleison, Nouvelle Valois, Rushenberg, Quitman Mississippi, Zermanny, Orsily, Rivogna, Food can into Space, Shoila, Uppenja, Antenion, New United Goryeo, The Bigtopia, Taungu, Cirrus Azale, Miharr, Pendors, Tayusia, The Islamic Country of Honour, Atto, Dendrobium, King Vonte, Karnozia, Gallo Republic, Brototh, Pap Sculgief, and Izan770.