The Empire of Elysinos is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Evangelos Bourus with an even hand, and remarkable for its compulsory military service, keen interest in outer space, and pith helmet sales. The devout population of 3.01 billion Elysinosians are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Spirituality, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Oceanun. The average income tax rate is 53.6%.
The thriving Elysinosian economy, worth 271 trillion Elysian Claws a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Retail, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 90,160 Elysian Claws, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.4 times as much as the poorest.
Elysinosians are regularly fired for looking at MyFace during their lunch breaks, high school bands practice by moonlight, the nation has always been at war with Bigtopia, and people across the world seek to be healthier by eliminating carbs. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Elysinos's national animal is the Hermit Crab, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Elisionism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Elysinos was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Pacifist and Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Elysinos was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Elysinos was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Elysinos, people across the world seek to be healthier by eliminating carbs.
- : Elysinos was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : Elysinos was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Elysinos was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Retail Industry.
- : Elysinos published "Revolta de 1979: A Crise Religiosa e busca por tolerância (W.I.P)" (Factbook: History).
- : Elysinos was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Pacifist.
- : Elysinos published "Principais times de futebol WIP" (Factbook: Culture).