The Galactic Republic of Elycadia is a colossal, socially progressive nation, notable for its daily referendums, keen interest in outer space, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 5.58 billion Elycadians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government prioritizes Education, with Welfare, Environment, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and International Aid aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Galactic Pinnacle. The average income tax rate is 91.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Elycadian economy, worth 684 trillion Elycadian Credits a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Information Technology. Average income is an impressive 122,642 Elycadian Credits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Disability advocates are not amused that they are told to be dependent on Elycadians's kindness, orphanages are closing their doors as the government forces parents to actually raise their children, hostage-takers offer loyalty scheme points for prompt payment, and people often get liposuction to reduce their air fares. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Elycadia's national animal is the Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Elycadia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Elycadia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Elycadia's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Elycadia's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Elycadia's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Elycadia's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Elycadia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced and Highest Economic Output.
- : Elycadia was refounded in Balder.
- : Elycadia ceased to exist in Lazarus.
- : Elycadia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cheerful Citizens.