The People's Republic of Elusea is a huge, socially progressive nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls, state-planned economy, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 590 million Eluseans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kropoko. The average income tax rate is 80.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Elusean economy, worth 34.7 trillion Croas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology and Gambling. Average income is 58,878 Croas, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Hipster cyclists declare that "metal is dead", pandemics are over and done with by the time it takes to pass the nation's stringent border security, it ain't easy to be green enough to be imported into Elusea, and beaches are empty as the shark population multiplies exponentially. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Elusea's national animal is the Pronghorn, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Elusea, beaches are empty as the shark population multiplies exponentially.
- : Following new legislation in Elusea, it ain't easy to be green enough to be imported into Elusea.
- : Following new legislation in Elusea, pandemics are over and done with by the time it takes to pass the nation's stringent border security.
- : Following new legislation in Elusea, hipster cyclists declare that "metal is dead".
- : Elusea voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Freedom to Seek Medical Care II"".
- : Elusea was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Following new legislation in Elusea, belligerent citizens shoot at passing clouds for 'violating their airspace'.
- : Elusea voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Mikeswill".
- : Following new legislation in Elusea, politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income.
- : Following new legislation in Elusea, urban graffiti is hand-calligraphed in perfectly kerned elegant fonts.
Endorsements Received: 41 » Marxmeans, Kethania, Transbiansylvania, Feyrisshire, New Heeberjeeberia, Land of Justinian, Shamian, The Workers Union of Habsburg-Lorraine, Free Atlantis, United States of Stalinia, United States of Buffaloia, Uinted Communist of Africa, MLGDogeland, Jacarta, Ambaniala, GreatUnion of Soviet Socialist Republics, Dindrenzi, New Soviet States of America, Illeron, Vascoviy, Bibliophilius, Kitchen Nation, Euronistan, Northwest Korea, Soviet Felines, Federal Republic of Rogarland, Huelistan, Anarhic Morrowind, Russaki, Rotar, Dudaev, Kedabunon, Systemtopia, Melito, TrueArstotzka, Stalin Lands, Free States 1, Sestabolgia, Sodoran Alesia, North Fluedan, and The United Kindom under Socialist Rule.