The Republic of Ellard is a small, safe nation, renowned for its compulsory military service. The hard-working, democratic population of 20 million Ellardians are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 27.3%.
The Ellardian economy, worth 947 billion dollars a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Cheese Exports. Average income is 47,393 dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.1 times as much as the poorest.
Harry Potter books are banned, it is illegal to make racist remarks in public, organ donation is compulsory, and calling dibs is an unalienable right. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ellard's national animal is the longhorn.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ellard's influence in Wintreath rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Ellard's influence in Wintreath rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Ellard's influence in Wintreath rose from "Zero" to "Hatchling".
- : Ellard relocated from NationStates to Wintreath.
- : Following new legislation in Ellard, calling dibs is an unalienable right.
- : Following new legislation in Ellard, organ donation is compulsory.
- : Ellard was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Moralistic Democracy".
- : Ellard relocated from The North Pacific to NationStates.
- : Following new legislation in Ellard, it is illegal to make racist remarks in public.
- : Ellard was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".