The Heavily-Legged Strongmen of ElJefe is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Snorlax with an even hand, and notable for its prohibition of alcohol, national health service, and daily referendums. The hard-nosed, cheerful, devout population of 41.105 billion Jefes have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Snorlaxia. The average income tax rate is 92.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving ElJefean economy, worth an astonishing 12,444 trillion Dong a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 302,743 Dong, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Crowds of flag-burning protesters tend to accidentally become crowds of burning protesters, autocrats are persona non grata, home renovation shows are increasingly popular, and many friends and relatives of Snorlax have been given ambassador jobs in tropical island nations. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. ElJefe's national animal is the Dao, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : ElJefe's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Squire".
- : Following new legislation in ElJefe, many friends and relatives of Snorlax have been given ambassador jobs in tropical island nations.
- : Following new legislation in ElJefe, home renovation shows are increasingly popular.
- : Following new legislation in ElJefe, autocrats are persona non grata.
- : Following new legislation in ElJefe, crowds of flag-burning protesters tend to accidentally become crowds of burning protesters.
- : ElJefe endorsed The Satrapy of Ozenev.
- : ElJefe was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : ElJefe applied to join the World Assembly.
- : ElJefe was refounded in Osiris.
- : ElJefe ceased to exist in Osiris.
Endorsements Received: None.