The Imperial Capital of Elegarth is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Dragongarth Elegarth with a fair hand, and remarkable for its rum-swilling pirates, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and complete lack of prisons. The hard-nosed, democratic, humorless population of 16.16 billion Draconians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small, corrupt, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Midgard. The average income tax rate is 39.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Elegarthian economy, worth a remarkable 2,677 trillion Golden Dragons a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, fairly diversified black market in Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, Cheese Exports, and Gambling. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 165,693 Golden Dragons, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Citizens are strongly encouraged to breathe less so as to limit the carbon footprint, glamping Draconians won't sleep in a tent that doesn't include a Jacuzzi, saying 'Hi Guys' to a mixed gender group of people at work is a fireable offense, and bins outnumber trees in city parks. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Elegarth's national animal is the Black Dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Draconism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Elegarth was endorsed by The Incorporated States of Jinnahnagar.
- : Elegarth lodged a message on the The West Pacific Regional Message Board.
- : Elegarth's influence in The West Pacific rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Following new legislation in Elegarth, bins outnumber trees in city parks.
- : Following new legislation in Elegarth, saying 'Hi Guys' to a mixed gender group of people at work is a fireable offense.
- : Following new legislation in Elegarth, glamping Draconians won't sleep in a tent that doesn't include a Jacuzzi.
- : Elegarth was endorsed by The Republic of Kann-Zaunke.
- : Elegarth was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- : Elegarth was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Elegarth voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Int'l Service of Process".
Endorsements Received: 56 » Davelands, Mediobogdum, The Holy Principality of Saint Mark, Overthinkers, Big Bad Badger, BIteland, Darkesia, Virginian Inquisitors, Comia Noracon, Isle of Verwood, Arkadia Universalis, Neenee, Radnia, The Free States of Gotham, Bamballa, Empire of Spartacus, Blue Ocean on Beach, Archonina, Allwarts, Gryphonian Alliance, Oometz, Liberillia, Wickedly evil people, West Aton Sicand, Triestine, Kittenlicious, Ferroia, Bamboozleand, The 9 Stars, Fujai, Condonohia, Thessalian, Acropylae, Hunck, Silubis, Jurttustan, Glorious Existence, Shallowater, Lynier, Mathematania, Greg Tucker, Slandova, Kantorian, Southern Eureka, Thyrall, The Undivided, Wyndward, Santa Sangria, Yy4u, Kingdom of Anderson, and 6 others.Shaqolandia, Ultimate Awesomeness, Kawaii Schoolgirl, Rakindoland, Kann-Zaunke, and Jinnahnagar.