The Imperial Capital of Elegarth is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Dragongarth Elegarth with an even hand, and remarkable for its enslaved workforce, ban on automobiles, and anti-smoking policies. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 14.773 billion Draconians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Midgard. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 9.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Elegarthian economy, worth a remarkable 2,076 trillion Golden Dragons a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Gambling, and Cheese Exports. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is an impressive 140,579 Golden Dragons, with the richest citizens earning 8.5 times as much as the poorest.
Economic output is rising as the chronically depressed are persuaded not to burden society, the government helps teach children how to kill a man from six paces, politicians preface their speeches with a declaration that any resemblance to speeches given by individuals living or dead is purely coincidental, and dentists routinely perform open heart surgery. Crime is almost non-existent, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Elegarth's national animal is the Black Dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Draconism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Elegarth was endorsed by The Republic of Lejon Stad.
- : Elegarth was endorsed by The Catocracy of Catiania.
- : Elegarth was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Artimisiare.
- : Elegarth was endorsed by The Cuz Izonlike da wae u move of Izonno.
- : Elegarth was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Mining Sector.
- : Elegarth was endorsed by The Please no more endorsements of StarWarp.
- : Elegarth was endorsed by The Republic of ReeK.
- : Elegarth was endorsed by The Armed Republic of Walbunkia.
- : Following new legislation in Elegarth, dentists routinely perform open heart surgery.
- : Following new legislation in Elegarth, politicians preface their speeches with a declaration that any resemblance to speeches given by individuals living or dead is purely coincidental.
Endorsements Received: 42 » Elejamie, Queen Yuno, Newpromisedland, Todd McCloud, A Slanted Black Stripe, Wanabe, Pendragonania, Narwhalitz, The Empire of Rijelv, Furnifold, Bolshikstan, Blazing Samaritan, Aeneas Prime, Lanagon, Roliganistan, Northern Bukovina, Orare, Axdel, Urimel, Unger under over, Survivoristan, Elfine, Federated States of Zootron, Validia, Ribanzi, Oceanic Peoples, Soviet Confederation of America, Republic of North Queensland, Aelitia, Arson123, Ye Olde Country of Yore, DethWinOx, Trenolia, New Benevor, Muspel, Walbunkia, ReeK, StarWarp, Izonno, Artimisiare, Catiania, and Lejon Stad.