|Leader||Prime Minister Oliver Phillips|
The New Chapter of El Fiji Grande is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Prime Minister Oliver Phillips with a fair hand, and remarkable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, anti-smoking policies, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 17.844 billion Fijians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Fiji City. The average income tax rate is 72.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Fijian economy, worth a remarkable 3,873 trillion Chunks a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Soda Sales. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 217,090 Chunks, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Subsidisation of Big Pharma has stopped many corporate executives from having to sell their second homes, intellectual snobbery has the cognoscenti sneering at anyone who doesn't have an opinion on the semiological drift of Umberto Eco's works, in government offices a hidden killer takes the lives of ministers and civil servants, and it is illegal for a parent to tell a child to stop eating their boogers. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. El Fiji Grande's national animal is the Dodo, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : El Fiji Grande voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Wickedly evil people".
- : El Fiji Grande voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Omnibus Due Process Act".
- : El Fiji Grande voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Dalimbar".
- : El Fiji Grande voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Drug Decriminalization Act"".
- : El Fiji Grande voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Pallaith".
- : El Fiji Grande voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Declaration on Crabs of the Apocalypse".
- : El Fiji Grande voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Promoting Democratic Stability Act".
- : El Fiji Grande's influence in Taijitu rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : El Fiji Grande endorsed The Drug Fueled Utopian Communes of Al Khem.
- : El Fiji Grande voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Transgender Self-Determination".
Endorsements Received: 1 » New Delfos.