The Federation of El-Sallia is a huge, socially progressive nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls, compulsory military service, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 540 million El-Sallians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Baldea. The average income tax rate is 73.9%.
The strong El-Sallian economy, worth 39.0 trillion Baldean pounds a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 72,200 Baldean pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.3 times as much as the poorest.
The nation's generous tax credits have brought all the film studios to the yard, children have taken to using semaphore in light of the recent mobile phone ban, more and more people are signing up for the government party, and the experimental sculpture "Overtures In Dried Deer Dung" has been declared a national treasure. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. El-Sallia's national animal is the Deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : El-Sallia was endorsed by The Commonwealth of The Langburn Islands.
- : El-Sallia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate The Embassy"".
- : El-Sallia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Fairness in Collective Bargaining"".
- : Following new legislation in El-Sallia, the experimental sculpture "Overtures In Dried Deer Dung" has been declared a national treasure.
- : Following new legislation in El-Sallia, more and more people are signing up for the government party.
- : Following new legislation in El-Sallia, children have taken to using semaphore in light of the recent mobile phone ban.
- : El-Sallia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Public Transport, Highest Average Tax Rates, and Most Advanced Public Education.
- : Following new legislation in El-Sallia, the nation's generous tax credits have brought all the film studios to the yard.
- : Following new legislation in El-Sallia, children are expected to carve their own toys.
- : Following new legislation in El-Sallia, pareidolic SETI scientists swear there's a message from aliens hidden within pi.
Endorsements Received: 63 » Amerion, Marinho Islands, Qvait, Aidenfieeld, Corgitopiaa, Tepertopia, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Treir, Land Without Shrimp, Volaworand, Bleakfoot, Farengeto, Bawkie, PenguinPies, Nowa Europa, Wallechi, Auphelia, Playing Pianos Filled With Flames, Blondiesland, Wehraboos, Drystar, Andinla, Linguiniland, Scu Greinne, Aumeltopia, Belschaft, Holota, Canmore, Qawe, Kandorith, The Altan, Rebel-topia, Jehenna, Seythennia, Levistian, Beepee, Erinor, Purple Hyacinth, Conexia, Concrete Slab, Margila Islands, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Tsvetania, Ebonhand, Sandaoguo, Bichedder, Eskvenn, WI SD EA D, Depressed Nation, Direwolf1, and 13 others.Greater Scottdascoda, Enplatia, NIGHTRAY, Libedistan, Westenhald, Sedunn, Yeses, New Belgrade, Gonrati, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, The United Australian States, Ipugao, and The Langburn Islands.