The Kingdom of Eikotomi is a huge, efficient nation, notable for its digital currency, frequent executions, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 225 million Eikotomians are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The relatively small, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Defense. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 10.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Eikotomian economy, worth 23.6 trillion Eikotomian Yen a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 104,730 Eikotomian Yen, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 359,306 per year while the poor average 22,405, a ratio of 16.0 to 1.
Some people will do literally anything to be in the spotlight, a stitch in time could see you serving nine, lip-readers are often left perplexed by political rallies, and military spending is on the increase. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Eikotomi's national animal is the Royal Pheasant, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Eikotomi voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Rights of the employed".
- : Following new legislation in Eikotomi, military spending is on the increase.
- : Following new legislation in Eikotomi, lip-readers are often left perplexed by political rallies.
- : Following new legislation in Eikotomi, a stitch in time could see you serving nine.
- : Following new legislation in Eikotomi, some people will do literally anything to be in the spotlight.
- : Eikotomi was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry, Largest Trout Fishing Sector, and Most Pro-Market.
- : Following new legislation in Eikotomi, forest fires have dropped dramatically as there are hardly any forests left.
- : Eikotomi voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Crushing Our Enemies".
- : Following new legislation in Eikotomi, the government is engaging in an agricultural trade war with Maxtopia.
- : Following new legislation in Eikotomi, it's rumored that Marche Noire knows what the nation's generals eat for breakfast.