The Nomadic Peoples of Eightist is a massive, cultured nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, compulsory military service, and state-planned economy. The cynical, devout population of 2.159 billion Eightistians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The medium-sized, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Education, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 35.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Eightistian economy, worth 68.5 trillion rupees a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Furniture Restoration industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Basket Weaving, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is 31,705 rupees, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Naturists are jailed regularly for indecent exposure, racial supremacists indulge their wildest fantasies in cinemas and theatres across the nation, dubiously qualified East Lebatuckese doctors prescribe ice baths as a treatment for pneumonia, and the nation has nearly as many history museums as Eightistians. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Eightist's national animal is the beaver, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Eightist's influence in United Equestria rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Eightist resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Eightist's influence in United Equestria rose from "Zero" to "Apprentice".
- : Eightist relocated from Crystal Falls to United Equestria.
- : Eightist was endorsed by The Grand Duchy of Having a whole tin of mints for supper.
- : Eightist was endorsed by The Republic of CharPanj.
- : Eightist was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Eightist applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Eightist's influence in Crystal Falls rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Eightist's influence in Crystal Falls rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".