The Community of Eien no Yorokobi is a massive, socially progressive nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, national health service, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, cynical population of 1.138 billion Yorokobi are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 52.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped Yorokobi economy, worth 26.2 trillion ainokokoroes a year, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 23,048 ainokokoroes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The study of medicine is popular throughout Eien no Yorokobi, skateparks can be found in every city, government employees have reverted to carrier pigeon due to never-ending virus scans, and euthanasia is illegal. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Eien no Yorokobi's national animal is the neko, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Eien no Yorokobi's influence in Osiris rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Eien no Yorokobi's influence in Osiris rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Eien no Yorokobi altered its national flag.
- : Eien no Yorokobi's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Eien no Yorokobi's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Eien no Yorokobi's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Eien no Yorokobi was refounded in Osiris.
- : Eien no Yorokobi ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : Eien no Yorokobi's influence in The North Pacific rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Eien no Yorokobi published "Takuro Natsukawa (WIP)" (Account: Drama).