|Leader||Dr Erwitto Fircenza|
The Technocratic Republic of Eflad is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Dr Erwitto Fircenza with a fair hand, and remarkable for its ban on automobiles, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 3.767 billion Eflads love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tehnograd. The average income tax rate is 93.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Efladian economy, worth 527 trillion Ippons a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. Average income is an impressive 140,125 Ippons, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The carbon tax fund gladly supplies warm blankets when the poor can't pay their heating bills, the words 'private' and 'enterprise' must never appear in the same sentence, citizens are strongly encouraged to breathe less so as to limit the carbon footprint, and citizens are encouraged to report friends, family members or co-workers who seem depressed to the government for "counselling". Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Eflad's national animal is the Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Eflad, citizens are encouraged to report friends, family members or co-workers who seem depressed to the government for "counselling".
- : Eflad was endorsed by The Kingdom of Shadeth.
- : Eflad was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Eae.
- : Following new legislation in Eflad, citizens are strongly encouraged to breathe less so as to limit the carbon footprint.
- : Following new legislation in Eflad, the words 'private' and 'enterprise' must never appear in the same sentence.
- : Eflad was endorsed by The Republic of Antwerpen1.
- : Eflad was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Eflad was endorsed by The Holy Empire of TescoPepsi.
- : Eflad was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Efficient Economies.
- : Following new legislation in Eflad, the carbon tax fund gladly supplies warm blankets when the poor can't pay their heating bills.
Endorsements Received: 93 » Amerion, Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories, Aidenfieeld, Hanguk-Nippon, Yaravia, Beblahbleblo, Holota, Wehraboos, Corgitopiaa, Shuckle Empire, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Al Madhaa, Aoz, Ambitchous, Tepertopia, Land Without Shrimp, PenguinPies, Aschenburg, Nowa Europa, Bawkie, Antarctic Empires, Bleakfoot, Westenhald, Volaworand, Immund, A leftover country, Abarri, Andinla, Anatasha, Holy Free, Cereskia 2, Ancient Slobovia, The Haughtherlands, Piscantium, Arscanesia, Kringalia, Drew Durrnil, Concrete Slab, Anserisa, Farengeto, Raidener, Rebel-topia, Cucutenium, Sandaoguo, Achemar, Kanatian Percocet, Darakin, Stephastan, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Drvonia, and 43 others.Ebonhand, Sou Avida, Tsunamy, Eleuthelrium, Elora Nation, Erstavik, Willing Mind, Ever Testing, Great Lothian, Mavenu, Donat Invadia, Isovet, Ipugao, Damn Frigid Wastelands, Aurcania, Eastern Bahia, The Kies, Venezia Pacifica, Makinius, Esterwood, Leighester, North Pernambuco, Forbidden Territories, New American Dictatorship, Leimarite Empire, Froshar, Chernaya Zvezda, Saint Roberts, Lauramerica, Prokuror, Doge Land, Petea, Biwaki, Mnemnovia, Tyrantistica, Eggraria, Comfed, Kaldosky, Ariapolis01, TescoPepsi, Antwerpen1, Eae, and Shadeth.