Motto: "Democracy is as robust as a tin can..."
Population:2,504,000,000 (NS Stats); 100,000,000(RP Stats)
-Density: 12,299 (NS Stats); 491 (RP Stats)
Largest City: New Yertzy
Official Languages: English, French, and Japanese
National Language: English
Demonym: Edwerlantian, Yanky
- Ruling Monarch and Supreme Ultimate General of the Armies: Sekien Suzuki
- Heir to Throne: Yukari Suzuki
- Head of Foreign Relations: Tsubaki Ito
- Head of Internal Affairs: Joseph Krakowski
- Chief Justice: Kurumu Aono
- Speaker of the House of Aodora: Anna Pines
- Current Supreme General of the Army: Martin Jones
- Upper House: House of Aodora
-Lower House: House of Levata
Establishment: from Lerania
Land Area:51,804 mi˛/134,171.74 km˛
Water Area: 69,427.26 km˛
Water %: 34.1%
Highest Point: Brass Mtn. (7,243m)
Lowest Point: Misery Trench (-51m)
GDP (nominal) per capita: 154,046
Human Development Index (NS Version): 84.48
Currency: The Grave (GRUH-ah-ve)
Time Zone: UTC-5
Drives on the: Right
Calling code: +4
Internet TLD: .edw, .gov
The Incandescent Kingdom of Edwerlantin commonly called Edwerlantin, is an Absolute Monarchy on the continent of Osea. It is bordered on the north by nobody, on the south by nobody, by the east by nobody and on the west by nobody. Edwerlantin covers 725,000 square kilometers and has has an estimated population of 2.54 billion (NS Stats) or 100 million (RP Stats). Edwerlantin comprises of 10 provinces and no territories.
Edwerlantin comes from Elonedian meaning "succeed" or "to succeed from"
The standard way to refer to a citizen of Edwerlantin is "Edwerlantian"
Edwerlantin started back in 1797 when the Leranians arrived from across the sea to colonize new lands. The Leranians abused our huge mineral deposits of gold, silver and other precious metals. We fought back in 1884 and won the war in 1887. Not much happened from 1887 to now, but Edwerlantin has become one of the most scientifically advanced and economically prosperous nations in the world.
To the southeastern end of the country, there is a vast desert spanning hundreds of kilometers. The rain there is very rare site and last for 3 hours at best. Most of the country are tepid grasslands that house 86.7% of the citizens the other 13.3% live within the rainforests of the south.
Edwerlantin is a semi-tropical country, It is usually tepid to somewhat hot from January to May. The heat begins in June and ends in September. The cold begins to exponentially grow in October to December.
The environment of the country close to the cities is average to slightly above-average. In rural areas, the environment is just above-average.
The 2.3 billion Edwerlantians are indoctrinated from a young age to support the monarchy, and those who step out of line go for "re-education" in secluded areas. The masses are very intelligent, but do not dare to speak out against Big Brother. The citizenry do not have many rights, civil or political, but do have much more economic freedoms... barely.
The 3 languages of Edwerlantin (English, French, and Japanese) all descend from Leranain colonists from the 1790's. English and French are the most used and Japanese is reserved for formal occasions.
Edwerlantin is mostly filled with Agnostics and Atheists. Secularism is very popular as for one, Sekien hates religion, and two, the belief of a higher being was never introduced to the populace for literal centuries after the revolution.
Most Edwerlantinians have Asian descent. There is a very large minority of people with European and Russian descent.
Metro area population
The Government is a corrupt totalitarian regime an absolute monarchy ruled by Sekien Suzuki, also known as the "Anonymous Source" due to his rare appearances in public, and his love of talking through equipment.
The main way of ending disputes is through warfare diplomacy. Our methods are a bit... unorthodox, but it gets the job done. Methods include assassination, bribery, or straight up ransom.
When a nation is too stubborn to understand the value of our "diplomacy," we use our second diplomatic method of unleashing the might of the Edwerlantian military on them.
At the time of writing, the economy is very large, and run by a combination of state and government owned industries. There is a bit of trepidation though. The black market has exploded from 0.2% before monarchial reinstallation, to 11.2%. A rather exponential growth that occurred.
Currency: The Grave (∮)
Fiscal Year: 2018
GDP (nominal): ∮363,000,000,000,000
GDP (nominal) per capita:154,046
Labor Force: 1,820,331,000 (NS Stats); 334,614,000(RP Stats)
Edwerlantin has many relics from the distant past and enjoys vibrant nightlife in Vallvend and Junai.
The infrastructure has no major potholes. There are just no cars. We use rails instead.
Most of the energy is produced in wind and wave generators along the coast. We don't use fission reactors and we barely use the inefficient burning of fossil fuels.