The People's Empire of Edon-Ko is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Premier Saito Kazuhiro with a fair hand, and remarkable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, smutty television, and digital currency. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 1.486 billion Hidokii love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Welfare, Healthcare, and Defense also on the agenda, while Spirituality is ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Yokohidaka. The average income tax rate is 96.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Hidokan economy, worth 227 trillion Yen a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Trout Farming. Average income is an impressive 153,301 Yen, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
All statues and paintings of dogs are being destroyed to avoid offending cat-lovers, human tissue is grown in vats as a delicacy as well as for transplants, visions of giant pink Moon Bears are a common side effect after Hidokii eat their meals, and the nation's new foreign policy of 'very disproportionate retribution' has its neighbors on edge. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Edon-Ko's national animal is the Moon Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Shinto.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Edon-Ko was endorsed by The Free Land of The The Bierands.
- : Following new legislation in Edon-Ko, the nation's new foreign policy of 'very disproportionate retribution' has its neighbors on edge.
- : Following new legislation in Edon-Ko, visions of giant pink Moon Bears are a common side effect after Hidokii eat their meals.
- : Following new legislation in Edon-Ko, human tissue is grown in vats as a delicacy as well as for transplants.
- : Following new legislation in Edon-Ko, all statues and paintings of dogs are being destroyed to avoid offending cat-lovers.
- : Following new legislation in Edon-Ko, both diets and economic output are growing leaner with recent restrictions to free trade.
- : Following new legislation in Edon-Ko, young girls and senior citizens alike can be spotted wearing colourful short shorts.
- : Following new legislation in Edon-Ko, political candidates are regularly blocked for minor convictions from their teenage years.
- : Following new legislation in Edon-Ko, invasive drug testing is now performed at elementary school sports days.
- : Following new legislation in Edon-Ko, the voyages of obsolete star-trekking satellites on deliberate escape orbits are only just beginning.
Endorsements Received: 118 » Sil Dorsett, Yaorozu, The Democratic Republic of Tomb, Sunto, Siwale, Great Bights Mum, Notyoutopia, Holy Oranz, Enosville, Religioncord, Upper Portlandia, Unimaginable Doom, Wisconsota, Alice Gardens, Shadowrik, Selfgradatude, Xentherida, Elspeth and Samina, Ovsterland, Vazali, United States of Tennessean, Kaschovia, American MapleStory, Lupus Imperium, Panama Coalition, Lord Ravenclaw, The Army Republic of Prussia, Democratic Peoples Republic of the US, New Lakemba, Republic of Destiny, Valdr, Yeraennus, The Rossinite Empire, Venezuelia, Idealistically Kool, The Bureaucratic Territories, Empy, Halcon siveriano, Southern Stroraia, Empire of the Dark Lords of the Sith, Vegetarian States, Neo Colorado, Mercy Land, Klettureyja, Upper Sam Dodovi, Colony of lasting Hopes, Omicron Persei V111, Tharissus, Reannia, Lemonbiscuits, and 68 others.HMS Unicorn, Malta Comino Gozo, BouncyAbbeyKitty, ABC, Solestia, Parisatlover, Pallaith, Vantaria, Apetopia, Kingdom of Space, DeGuts, Frances Francis the First of France, The Utopian Initiative, Kwaj, Coemgen, PlanetPunk, Arcadia of Kasterborous, Amerian States, Helido, Pleroma Sans Romans, Sankami, General COE, Moristia, Kiberio, Chinstralia, Vszeklina, Bharathvarsh, Friently, Ainsworth, Hong Kong Empire, Jenner-Kardash, South Grand Mountain, Lavanania, Shin-Hachioji, Ostrinios, Faxfleet, Koda-Land, Cleoskye, Sheppey, Victoriaans Nederlands, Diodone, Kelvaros Prime, Lamexanope, Anima Proxa, Rylam, Dadastan Archipelago, Che Sana Und, Blurds, Kizja, Sanjurika, Zedeya, Dannyria, Forunte, Izvbard, McMasterdonia, Yukti, Marsh Castle, Plembobria, Prevaland, Whian Odeistan, WE Empire, Necromonia, The Galactic Triumvirate, Beodarasc, Maestros haven, French Bananastan, Zemnaya Svoboda, and The The Bierands.