|Leader||Leah Di Angelo|
The Corporation of Ediraf is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Leah Di Angelo with an even hand, and remarkable for its complete lack of public education and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 6.596 billion Edirafis are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The minute, pro-business government, or what there is of one, is effectively ruled by the Department of Industry, with Spirituality also on the agenda, while Welfare and Administration aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Head Office. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 6.3%.
The powerhouse Edirafian economy, worth 229 trillion Starblaydi Credits a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is quite specialized and led by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, with major contributions from Retail, Book Publishing, and Soda Sales. Average income is 34,812 Starblaydi Credits, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 115,867 per year while the poor average 7,793, a ratio of 14.9 to 1.
Ediraf has designated Head Office as its capital city, Leah Di Angelo has just been declared ruler of Ediraf in an international press conference, and the Fam'dai has been named as Ediraf's national religion. Crime is a serious problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. Ediraf's national animal is the silkworm, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is the Fam'dai.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ediraf was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Unexpected Death Rate.
- : Ediraf was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Survivors.
- : Ediraf was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Pro-Market.
- : Ediraf changed its national faith to "the Fam'dai" and its leader to "Leah Di Angelo".
- : Following new legislation in Ediraf, the Fam'dai has been named as Ediraf's national religion.
- : Following new legislation in Ediraf, Leah Di Angelo has just been declared ruler of Ediraf in an international press conference.
- : Ediraf changed its national capital to "Head Office".
- : Following new legislation in Ediraf, Ediraf has designated Head Office as its capital city.
- : Ediraf's influence in Atlantian Oceania rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Ediraf's influence in Atlantian Oceania fell from "Page" to "Shoeshiner".