The Forested Republic of Edible Plywood is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and remarkable for its ban on automobiles, state-planned economy, and smutty television. The compassionate, humorless population of 21.256 billion Plywoodians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government prioritizes Environment, although Education, Healthcare, and Law & Order are also considered important, while Defense is ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dorito City. The average income tax rate is 97.9%.
The thriving Plywoodian economy, worth a remarkable 2,652 trillion credits a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 124,769 credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Psychiatrists bizarrely accompany Leader to meetings with foreign heads of state, the comic book series 'Leader and the Villainous Corporate Cronies' is a best-seller, the national census includes an opt-in to join the government-run dating service, and the Plywoodian Intelligence Agency relies on internet search engines to know what is happening overseas. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Edible Plywood's national animal is the harvest mouse, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Edible Plywood was endorsed by The Federal Republic of East Skirsburg.
- : Edible Plywood was endorsed by The Pacific Alpine Commonwealth of Mount Seymour.
- : Edible Plywood was endorsed by The Republic of Jutsilonia.
- : Edible Plywood was endorsed by The Kingdom of Kyratistani.
- : Edible Plywood was endorsed by The People's Republic of Xianland.
- : Edible Plywood was endorsed by The Green Otters' State of Garbelia.
- : Edible Plywood was endorsed by The Associated Communities of Heidgaudr.
- : Edible Plywood endorsed The Royal State of Daarwyrth.
- : Edible Plywood endorsed The Tsardom of Lura.
- : Edible Plywood was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
Endorsements Received: 23 » Ownzone, Zerphen, ATSVEA, York Zionia, Ruinenlust, Galaxiak, Novian Republics, Hyon Delta, Siornor, Lofia, Ecologist Hegemony, Daarwyrth, Democratic Republic of Cacusia, Canaltia, Roless, Love and Nature, Lura, Heidgaudr, Garbelia, Kyratistani, Jutsilonia, Mount Seymour, and East Skirsburg.