|Leader||Artificial General Intelligence|
The Federal Republic of Edelweissia is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Artificial General Intelligence with an even hand, and remarkable for its smutty television, parental licensing program, and daily referendums. The compassionate population of 19.149 billion Edelweissians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Citadel Origin. The average income tax rate is 95.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Edelweissian economy, worth a remarkable 2,151 trillion Credits a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 112,337 Credits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Diaper ads feature vertically-challenged adults wearing bootees, a video of Artificial General Intelligence wearing shock-blue face paint and smashing an electric guitar in front of a frenzied crowd is on endless repeat on the nightly news, school football matches are usually five-a-side, and the entire entry for Edelweissia in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the World reads 'mostly harmless'. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Edelweissia's national animal is the Shiba Inu, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Edelweissia was endorsed by The Bird Kingdom of Debussy.
- : Edelweissia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Australian rePublic".
- : Edelweissia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Australian rePublic".
- : Edelweissia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Fair Arbitration Act".
- : Edelweissia was endorsed by The Automatic Autocracy of Honeydewistania.
- : Edelweissia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Standards On Police Accountability".
- : Edelweissia's influence in Lazarus rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Edelweissia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend The Salaxalans".
- : Edelweissia was endorsed by The Republic of Sutnailag.
- : Edelweissia was endorsed by The Transoceanic Republic of Aguaria Major.