The Empire of East Xibeiguo is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by James Bäcker with an even hand, and notable for its state-planned economy, parental licensing program, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 13.215 billion Xibei are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, corrupt morass — juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Dhaka. The average income tax rate is 99.9%.
The enormous but underdeveloped Xibei economy, worth a remarkable 1,219 trillion Takas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Gambling, and Book Publishing. Average income is 92,283 Takas, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The military recognizes no difference between male and female soldiers, graffiti graces every city's streets, long arduous trials are held for the most trivial of offences, and mandatory daycare is provided by the government. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. East Xibeiguo's national animal is the tiger, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : East Xibeiguo was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement.
- : East Xibeiguo's influence in Africa rose from "Nipper" to "Truckler".
- : East Xibeiguo lodged a message on the Africa Regional Message Board.
- : East Xibeiguo relocated from Osiris to Africa.
- : East Xibeiguo was refounded in Osiris.
- : East Xibeiguo ceased to exist in Africa.
- : East Xibeiguo's influence in Africa rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- : East Xibeiguo was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : East Xibeiguo's influence in Africa fell from "Duckspeaker" to "Handshaker".
- : East Xibeiguo was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Economic Output.