The Holy Empire of East Morey is a huge, genial nation, renowned for its disturbing lack of elderly people, restrictive gun laws, and suspicion of poets. The compassionate, devout population of 620 million East Moreyians are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, moralistic government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Moreya. The average income tax rate is 46.3%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong East Moreyian economy, worth 39.0 trillion Morkas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming, Arms Manufacturing, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is 62,978 Morkas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Politicians that report exaggerated crowd sizes for their speeches are dismissed for being delusional, the consumption of vegetables is illegal, love is given from each according to their ability but marriage is assigned to each according to their needs, and internet moderator is one of the most popular jobs among the nation's more socially awkward citizens. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. East Morey's national animal is the Cardinal, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : East Morey's influence in Oatland fell from "Duckspeaker" to "Handshaker".
- : East Morey was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Aur Shah.
- : East Morey was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Socialists Soviet Union.
- : East Morey's influence in Oatland rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- : East Morey was endorsed by The Queendom of Isabeth.
- : East Morey was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : East Morey was endorsed by The Democratic States of Broken Edge.
- : East Morey lodged a message on the Oatland Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in East Morey, internet moderator is one of the most popular jobs among the nation's more socially awkward citizens.
- : East Morey's influence in Oatland rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".