|Currency||East Isles sterling|
The Speaker of the RA of East Isles is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Kaname Ohgi with a fair hand, and notable for its keen interest in outer space, daily referendums, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.05 billion East Islesians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pendragon. The average income tax rate is 82.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming East Islesian economy, worth 98.3 trillion East Isles sterlings a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 93,612 East Isles sterlings, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Fixing attendance at women's matches is a matter of "when they go low, we go high... funding", Kaname Ohgi has just been declared ruler of East Isles in an international press conference, grinding bureaucracy has the international wheels of justice turning slowly, and engineers ask liberal arts majors "Do you want fries with that?". Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. East Isles's national animal is the Pygmy Lloris, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : East Isles resigned from the World Assembly.
- : East Isles was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nudest.
- : East Isles was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Tyirza.
- : East Isles was endorsed by The King of the North of Pallaith.
- : East Isles was endorsed by The Collective of Wineclaw.
- : East Isles was endorsed by The Holy Islamic Caliphate of Sahriastan.
- : East Isles was endorsed by The Colony of Sikol.
- : East Isles was endorsed by The Benevolence of Morover.
- : East Isles was endorsed by The Dissociative State of Hardscrabble.
- : East Isles was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.