The Democratic Federation of East Fredonia is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by President Carlton with a fair hand, and renowned for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, aversion to nipples, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 6.374 billion East Fredonians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large, corrupt, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lumière. The average income tax rate is 86.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient East Fredonian economy, worth a remarkable 1,064 trillion bitcoins a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 166,954 bitcoins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
East Fredonian watches list strained wrists as a common side effect, libraries are replacing history books and classic novels with technical manuals and trades directories to match the nation's changing demands, East Fredonians refer to transgender people with insults instead of pronouns, and diplomatic missions typically end with a flurry of childish insults, accusations and phlegm. Crime is totally unknown. East Fredonia's national animal is the Porg, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : East Fredonia's influence in Social Liberal Union rose from "Newcomer" to "Apprentice".
- : East Fredonia relocated from Balder to Social Liberal Union.
- : East Fredonia was refounded in Balder.
- : East Fredonia ceased to exist in Social Liberal Union.
- : East Fredonia was endorsed by The Council Republic of North American Republics.
- : East Fredonia was endorsed by The United Island Republics of Hirematia.
- : East Fredonia was endorsed by The Republic of Brys questions.
- : East Fredonia was endorsed by The Republic of Courelli.
- : Following new legislation in East Fredonia, diplomatic missions typically end with a flurry of childish insults, accusations and phlegm.
- : Following new legislation in East Fredonia, East Fredonians refer to transgender people with insults instead of pronouns.