The Sovereignty of East Ares is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by Joseph Charleston with an iron fist, and renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, smutty television, and enslaved workforce. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, devout population of 3.429 billion East Aresians are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The relatively small, corrupt, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, although Industry, Law & Order, and Education are also considered important, while Social Policy and International Aid receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Charleston. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 21.6%.
The frighteningly efficient East Aresian economy, worth 449 trillion Swords a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Retail, and Furniture Restoration. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is an impressive 131,226 Swords, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,042,640 per year while the poor average 3,960, a ratio of 263 to 1.
The military will start wars with other nations on a lark, preservative-laden East Aresian cheeses will be as edible when archaeologists dig them up next millennium, space shuttles are lying silent on the runway till the Space Agency can work out how to fit a creche and a meditation room into their next spacecraft, and the nation's first space rocket -- sponsored by Eckie-Ecola and shaped like an enormous soda bottle -- is being developed. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. East Ares's national animal is the Eagle, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Jansenism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : East Ares was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : East Ares was endorsed by The Republic of Tolfaer.
- : East Ares was endorsed by The Obesotocracy of Treadwellia.
- : East Ares was endorsed by The Blessed Kingdom of Custadia.
- : East Ares's influence in Lazarus rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : East Ares was endorsed by The Transoceanic Republic of Aguaria Major.
- : East Ares was endorsed by The Republic of The Sigometh Dynasty.
- : East Ares's influence in Lazarus rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : East Ares was endorsed by The Kingdom of New Rogernomics.
- : Following new legislation in East Ares, the nation's first space rocket -- sponsored by Eckie-Ecola and shaped like an enormous soda bottle -- is being developed.