The Most Serene Republic of Earthly Heaven III is a huge, orderly nation, renowned for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, state-planned economy, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 738 million Heavenians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The large, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. The average income tax rate is 39.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Earthly Heaven IIIian economy, worth 7.41 trillion florins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Trout Farming, Soda Sales, Cheese Exports, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 10,044 florins, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Public footpaths are being slowly eroded by the burgeoning number of ramblers, pollsters are out of a job as elections have been cancelled, protestors are soaking piles of florins in blood to make a point about government incomes, and police spend their Saturday nights breaking up illegal street races. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Earthly Heaven III's national animal is the emu.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Earthly Heaven III's influence in Founderless rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Earthly Heaven III's influence in Founderless rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Earthly Heaven III's influence in Founderless rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Earthly Heaven III's influence in Founderless rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Earthly Heaven III's influence in Founderless rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Earthly Heaven III relocated from Osiris to Founderless.
- : Earthly Heaven III was refounded in Osiris.
- : Earthly Heaven III ceased to exist in Founderless.
- : Earthly Heaven III's influence in Founderless rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- : Earthly Heaven III's influence in Founderless fell from "Duckspeaker" to "Handshaker".