The United States of Earth Federation is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by ATLAS Artificial Intelligence with a fair hand, and renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, ritual sacrifices, and flagrant waste-dumping. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 11.249 billion Terrans are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The minute, corrupt, pro-business, outspoken government, or what there is of one, prioritizes Defense, with Industry also on the agenda, while Environment and Welfare aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New York. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Terran economy, worth a remarkable 6,712 trillion Credits a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Gambling, and Soda Sales. Average income is a breathtaking 596,715 Credits, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 4,115,493 per year while the poor average 30,676, a ratio of 134 to 1.
Ratings for sitcom reruns are often much higher than election debates, construction of the Really Big Hadron Collider is underway, citizens are regularly found digging for treasure in their gardens, and directors of low-budget sci-fi films are flocking to use New York as a backdrop. Crime, especially youth-related, is so common that it is unusual to encounter someone following the law, probably because of the absence of a police force. Earth Federation's national animal is the Dragon, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Earth Federation, directors of low-budget sci-fi films are flocking to use New York as a backdrop.
- : Earth Federation endorsed The Autocratic States of Gunzerlander.
- : Following new legislation in Earth Federation, citizens are regularly found digging for treasure in their gardens.
- : Following new legislation in Earth Federation, construction of the Really Big Hadron Collider is underway.
- : Following new legislation in Earth Federation, ratings for sitcom reruns are often much higher than election debates.
- : Following new legislation in Earth Federation, Maxtopian tourists make expensive pilgrimages to New York to enjoy their national art.
- : Earth Federation was endorsed by The Autocratic States of Gunzerlander.
- : Earth Federation voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Anarchestan".
- : Following new legislation in Earth Federation, the richest citizens live in sheltered private citadels.
- : Following new legislation in Earth Federation, the adult unemployment rate nears 100% as all available jobs have been filled by young children.
Endorsements Received: 144 » The Soylent Green Party, Solleana, Osea Island, Seranis, Rex Republic, Belistien, Snoozing Buffalax, Imbarien, Wolfhunters, The Blessed and Almighty Bog, Tzo, United Governments of Newrope, Slaytania, Matterland, Onarii, Kelvinski, Testa, Zaqaz Death, Achiotopia, Spncrgmn, Coreras, Mystiquelle, Beiluxia, FreeGunsForAll, Zyrcrestia, Grungerock, Hacame, Puerto Barrio, Samonaemia, Teddy Bear Isle, Creeptopia, Blogotopia, Kokkinostan, Linkdahero, Great ducate of time lords, Bullintine, Germanahii, The United Dog Days Providence, HN67, Zeklandia, The Republic of lkxciv, New Katamenia, Manlinesslavia, Wysrod, Old Atlantica, New Icelandic Republic, Yentria, Kyrizstanislav, Uprus, Cardini, and 94 others.The Tasmanian Islands, Seantonia, A Death Arena, Zeganas, Colonel Terrosit, Perzische Keizer, Better Indonesia, Aedue, Spiritbw, Leirkra, Siuts, Collective Society of Clementi, Iluuz, Those against abusers, Nova Terra Saccharum, Crustacion, Manonmanistan, The Republic of The Sith, Alliance of Concordia, The New Earth Federation, The Dwemmer, Creta Islands, The State of Walrus Devotion, Viadora, Myopic, Rabbitomia, New Dougland, Phrados, Elsewhereland, Lastarte, Puffandria, Fahistan, UNpoopburg, Drusay, DunNaGall, South Bourbonstan, Free Tristania, Aleg, Boltor, Soldaten des Hippokrates, Molea, Castica, Gentletopia, The Persian Territories, NorthernMassachusetts, Mannche, Striagro Uspil, Venkorata, Rejekstan, North North Western Brina, Dingle Ding, Switmerica, The Scottish Highlands and Lowlands, Europe Inc, Zuslosal, Aisle of Wright, United States of Zeb, 123topia, Aquary, Lost Islands of Pantagon, Free Carolinas, Tabbertonia, Ysherael, Edorask, Imbria, The United Domains, Rainu, Blaalby, Psycianiand Supritla, Flag Flayers, Durius, Flezzola, United Socialists of the Highest Power, Chip Skylark, Saint Ripa, The United Royal Islands of Euramathania, Mers Plo Mar, Forkbeardland, Sun Sporks, Nordenmans Land, Palman, Freres La Cote, Lexomia, Lunartica, Otrodoxia, Alpha-021, Ashterothia, Momandson, The Exclave Of Chernoclav, Shangra Laa, Evil Dictators Happyland, Craven States, Isla Dragon, and Gunzerlander.