The Democratic Republic of Dyter is a massive, socially progressive nation, notable for its public floggings, frequent executions, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 3.257 billion Dyterians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 36.3%.
The Dyterian economy, worth 184 trillion Dys a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Cheese Exports, Information Technology, and Pizza Delivery. Average income is 56,505 Dys, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.6 times as much as the poorest.
Advertisers are struggling to make water sound cool to a twitchy public, officials pull all-nighters to check immigrants for potential links to terrorists, riots have broken out as a water shortage threatens Dyter's stability, and sleep-deprived officials are known to collapse after late night revision for their examinations. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Dyter's national animal is the cow, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Dyter's influence in Gay rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Dyter's influence in Gay rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Dyter's influence in Gay rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Dyter's influence in Gay rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Dyter voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Treatment of the Deceased".
- : Dyter was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Dyter applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Dyter relocated from Lazarus to Gay.
- : Dyter was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Dyter ceased to exist in Gay.
Endorsements Received: None.