The Dagger-Talon Republic of Dyllonia is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Andy Rose with an even hand, and remarkable for its complete lack of prisons, pith helmet sales, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 3.35 billion Dyllonics have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dyllongrad. The average income tax rate is 80.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Dyllonic economy, worth 475 trillion Forints a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Trout Farming. Average income is an impressive 141,816 Forints, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.5 times as much as the poorest.
Astronauts take one small step for Dyllonia and one giant step backward from confrontation, bins outnumber trees in city parks, a rash of recently-elected candidates have begun to push Bigtopia-friendly policies, and ten-year-olds regularly found their own political parties. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Dyllonia's national animal is the Harpy Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Horizonism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Dyllonia lodged a message on the The Black Hawks Regional Message Board.
- : Dyllonia changed its national motto to "Friendship, Loyalty, Prosperity, Peace".
- : Dyllonia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Public Transport and the Top 10% for Most Efficient Economies.
- : Dyllonia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Dyllonia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Nicest Citizens.
- : Dyllonia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Dyllonia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Dyllonia published "The Ghoul's Elixir" (Factbook: Culture).
- : Dyllonia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Dyllonia, ten-year-olds regularly found their own political parties.