The Empire of Dykurst is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Nighthunter with an even hand, and renowned for its public floggings, frequent executions, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, humorless, devout population of 18.113 billion Dykurstians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dominious. The average income tax rate is 11.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Dykurstian economy, worth a remarkable 3,406 trillion guilders a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Soda Sales, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 188,056 guilders, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.7 times as much as the poorest.
Where there's a will there is usually a password manager, millions of Dykurstians are excellent swimmers, the nation is renowned abroad for its love of blood and guts, and politicians frequently make unusual poses during speeches in hopes of inspiring the next internet fad. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Dykurst's national animal is the falcon, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Locust.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Dykurst's influence in Arkonos rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : Dykurst altered its national flag.
- : Following new legislation in Dykurst, politicians frequently make unusual poses during speeches in hopes of inspiring the next internet fad.
- : Dykurst relocated from Lazarus to Arkonos.
- : Dykurst was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Dykurst ceased to exist in The New Inquisition.
- : Following new legislation in Dykurst, the nation is renowned abroad for its love of blood and guts.
- : Following new legislation in Dykurst, millions of Dykurstians are excellent swimmers.
- : Following new legislation in Dykurst, where there's a will there is usually a password manager.
- : Following new legislation in Dykurst, prankster scientists legally change their names to silly pseudonyms before major discoveries.