The Empire of Dykurst is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Nighthunter with an even hand, and renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, frequent executions, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless, devout population of 22.323 billion Dykurstians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dominious. The average income tax rate is 30.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Dykurstian economy, worth a remarkable 4,405 trillion guilders a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 197,344 guilders, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Rumor has it that Nighthunter has won three lotteries in a row, etiquette guides advise visitors to 'grovel gracefully', coffee-addicted citizens look forward to baristas getting their name wrong at local coffee shops, and no cul-de-sac or trailer park is complete without a gambling parlor. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Dykurst's national animal is the falcon, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Locust.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Dykurst was endorsed by The Inhospitable Ski Slopes of Agalaesia.
- : Dykurst was endorsed by The Prettiest Nation in TRR of Miss Hungary.
- : Dykurst was endorsed by The Communist Easter Egg Kingdom of Fauzjhia.
- : Dykurst voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Kelssek".
- : Dykurst voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Long-Term Storage Of Produced Waste".
- : Following new legislation in Dykurst, no cul-de-sac or trailer park is complete without a gambling parlor.
- : Dykurst's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Dykurst was endorsed by The Soon To Be Retired Delegate of Chimes.
- : Dykurst's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Dykurst was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.