The Empire of Dykurst is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Nighthunter with an even hand, and renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, pith helmet sales, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless, devout population of 20.466 billion Dykurstians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dominious. The average income tax rate is 17.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Dykurstian economy, worth a remarkable 4,098 trillion guilders a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 200,262 guilders, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.6 times as much as the poorest.
Practically perfect royal toddlers tend to say "regrettably not at this juncture" rather than "no", patriotic citizens chant "there's only one Dykurst" at foreigners, murder is sanctioned if the legal paperwork is filled out correctly, and the constant playing of Merry Birthday on Dykurstian radio has led to calls for the song to be classified as a crime against humanity. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Dykurst's national animal is the falcon, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Locust.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Dykurst was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Wealthy Incomes.
- : Dykurst was endorsed by The Commonwealth of San Carlos Islands.
- : Dykurst was endorsed by The Holy Dolorian Imperium of The Traditional States.
- : Following new legislation in Dykurst, the constant playing of Merry Birthday on Dykurstian radio has led to calls for the song to be classified as a crime against humanity.
- : Dykurst voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn Vandoosa"".
- : Dykurst voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Supporting and Valuing the Humanities".
- : Dykurst was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Armed.
- : Dykurst voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Language and Education Rights for Deaf Individuals".
- : Dykurst voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Iran"".
- : Dykurst endorsed The Holy Empire of King Denver.