The Democratic Republic of Dykataar is a huge, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its state-planned economy, complete lack of prisons, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 557 million Dykataarians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dalarus. The average income tax rate is 39.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Dykataarian economy, worth 34.1 trillion khinjs a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Soda Sales, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is 61,263 khinjs, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government has instituted 'traveller reservations' across the country, the nation is currently revamping its entire education system, it is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws, and criminal rehabilitation takes place in re-education centers. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Dykataar's national animal is the white-winged eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Dykataar's influence in The Graveyard rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Dykataar's influence in The Graveyard rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Dykataar's influence in The Graveyard rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : Dykataar was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Workforce Participation Rate and the Top 10% for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Dykataar relocated from New Western Empire to The Graveyard.
- : Dykataar relocated from The Graveyard to New Western Empire.
- : Dykataar changed its national motto to "Farewell, my Friends".
- : Dykataar lodged a message on the The Graveyard Regional Message Board.
- : Dykataar relocated from The Rejected Realms to The Graveyard.
- : Dykataar relocated from Thaecia to The Rejected Realms.